Why You Should Watch "Breaking Bad" - Plus List of Blu-Ray Special Features
"Breaking Bad" is now over... but it will live on in the hearts and minds of fans. Fortunately, it will also live on in the blu-ray format - this Complete Series collection is a must own for fans of the show. I was excited and satisfied by the series finale, but I'm also sad realizing that it's all over. If you've always watched the show, or if you've just found it recently (I discovered the show on DVD before getting hooked in Summer 2011), you know how great the show is. If you've never seen "Breaking Bad", then I encourage you to give it a chance. Rarely has a show had this much universal acclaim (a 9.4 on IMDb, a 99/100 on Metacritic, 3 Emmy wins for Drama Actor and 4 Nominations for Best Drama Series, etc).
*****
[Note: Below is my original spoiler-free review for the show.]
If ever a character personified the dichotomy of good and evil, it's Walter White. I don't watch too much TV, but I do believe this is the most interesting television...
Once You Break Bad, There's No Going Back... (Minor Spoilers)
*If you're already familiar with Breaking Bad and just want a review of this box set itself, scroll to the EDIT*
To quote the lead actor Bryan Cranston, "the term 'breaking bad' is a southern colloquialism and it means when someone who has taken a turn off the path of the straight and narrow, when they've gone wrong. And that could be for that day or for a lifetime." This show- well actually to call it a show would be a great understatement, I should say this masterpiece, follows the story of Walter White, and how he breaks bad. Walt is a high school chemistry teacher, and first portrayed as kind of a loser. He's emasculated by his family, disrespected by his students, and bullied by his boss. Forced to work two jobs to take care of his pregnant wife and disabled son, Walt soon finds out that he has terminal lung cancer, with only a few months to live. In order to save money for his family to live off of after he's dead, Walt teams up with his former student, Jesse Pinkman,...
The Series not the set
I think the problem here is the fact that people are posting opinions about the series, not the product itself. That aside, AMC makes a great product, therefore with the vision, creative freedom and risk they take when producing an original series you cannot deny the fact that the people, AMC, deserve the money they make. The point the responder made to the negative review was simply the fact that if you can't afford it, why are you bashing it! If the price comes down I will probably buy it as a Christmas gift for my son, if it remains at this point I will not, it's too expensive for me, but I certainly would not give negative feedback because someone is making money. Are books too expensive because the author wants paid? was Brian's pay rate too high for the last series? Is it greed? Who cares, I won't pay $800 for my family to go to a hockey game, but people do, I don't begrudge them the money and the players make their money, it's a fast-paced dangerous sport. Bottom line,...
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment