Moon Zero Two, Day The Earth Froze, The Leech Woman and Gorgo
This set contains two episodes with show creator Joel Hodgson as host and two with head-writer Mike Nelson as host. The former are from the Comedy Central era of the show while the latter are from the Sci-Fi Channel era. These are four solid episodes that fans thought might never be on DVD, so Shout! Factory has again done an excellent job of securing the rights to the films to ensure fans can add these to their collection.
MOON ZERO TWO, Episode 111
James Olson and Catherine Von Schell star in this 1969 UK color science fiction film that is really just an old western about miners set in outer space. A group of criminals want to salvage a valuable asteroid by crashing it into the moon and the only place to do it unobserved is on another miner's claim, so they dispose of the miner. They hire a salvage team (headed by Olson) to get them the asteroid, but unknown to them the missing miner's sister (Schell) hires the same salvage team to help her find her brother. It's...
Worth buying for The Day the Earth Froze alone
Of all the movies given the MST3K treatment, "The Day the Earth Froze" was hands down my absolute favorite, so I was frustrated that it hadn't turned up on any of the DVD releases...until now. And how appropriate that it's being included on the 25th Anniversary Limited Edition. Long before I discovered the fascination of Finland and Finnish culture, I was laughing until my sides ached while watching Joel and the 'bots skewer this movie. I can't wait to hear them singing "He's a loser" about Lemminkainen while using bad Scandinavian accents for much of the commentary. Do I remember the other three movies on this collection? Yeah, vaguely, and they'll be worth viewing. But the day I can pop "The Day the Earth Froze" in my disc player and blissfully join in the commentary a la Rocky Horror Picture Show will be a very good day, frozen or not!
Well Worth The Money
I currently own EVERY box set MST3K has put out and I'll never complain about the price of these things. Growing up in Minneapolis MST3K was a very large part of my childhood and these box sets take me back to those days. Im very happy to see them celebrating 25 years by bringing some classic episodes to DVD. Gorgo and Earth Froze are worth the price alone but we also get Mitchell! Either one of the Joe Don Baker films that are riffed are classics and it actually created a beef with Joe Don and the Mistie crew where Joe wanted to beat their A$$es.
I wont go too much more into depth but think about it...Wont you?
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment